The governing body are responsible for raising school standards through their three key strategic functions:
1. To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2. To hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of
the school, its pupils and the performance management of staff
3. To oversee the financial performance of the school – making sure its
money is well spent.
All governors serve on each committee in Jacksdale Primary & Nursery School and this enables us to have an in depth insight and knowledge into every aspect of our school and it's community.
In this section of our website, you will be able to find out more about the individual members of our Governing Body and their roles within the school.
We have also provided a Register of Governor Interests and an Annual Statement of Issues for your information.
In the Governors' information and duties section, contained within the
Governor's Annual Statement, you will find information relating to:
- the structure and responsibilities of the governing board and it's committees
Information about each governor including:
- date of appointment
- term of office
- who appointed them
- business and financial interests
- governance roles in other schools
material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives)
- Attendance record at committee meetings and full governor meetings over the previous academic year